(OUTDATED) RACE DAY INFORMATION
Please note - NEW 2016 route. Registration and start/finish line is now located at Gabriola Golf Course at 825 South Road.
The following is important information on Registration, Start Times, Race Kit Pick Up, Coat Check, Start Line and Water Stations. Please read carefully.
All runners are to meet at the NEW registration area at the Gabriola Golf and Country Club at 825 South Rd. (Approximately 3.5k from Gabriola Ferry along South Road)
- Registration is between 8:30am to 10am (“Day Of” Registration please read information provided below)
- Race kits and bibs will be handed out ONLY on race day at the registration table.
- All runners need to check in at registration (even those who pre registered on line) no later than 10am.
- At check in/registration you will receive a race bib that you will need to wear in order to participate.
- To avoid confusion and extra traffic please try and come early.
- Runners coming off island on race day can catch 2 morning sailings. 8:10am or the 9:25am. Cost of ferries is for a return trip. (See BC Ferry June 09, 2016 to Sept 5, 2016 schedule)
- Start/finish Line will have shade, free water, music, bathrooms.
- The air conditioned, fully licensed Gabriola Golf Course Club House will offer breakfast, lunch and drink menus at cost. Spectators and General public is welcome.
- For gear and valuables we will be providing a secure, free coat check, at registration/finish area.
- There will be a water stations at the start/finish line and along route. These will be equipped with cold water, Gatorade and medics.
- Kid zone will be an “optional” area along the route where runners can be soaked down by kids with water guns. (Highly recommended by fellow runners)
- Race Start time 10:30am sharp.
- There will be some post run goodies and drinks, awards and prizes, music, games and loads of fun.
“DAY OF” RACE DAY REGISTRATION
Race Day registration will be available if race does not sell out. There is a cap of 130 person registration limit and we’ll post online when the limit is reached.
Registering on race day, please come early to the Gabriola Golf Club. The day of registration will close at 9:45am.
If registration on race day is still available, it will be on a first come first served basis.
“Day Of” Registration will cost $45 Cash or cheque only.
Contact the race director Julia for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250 802 5554 for last minute updates on availability.
RACE KITS, BIBS, TECH SHIRTS
All bibs, race kits and shirts will be handed out ONLY on race day at registration area.
Great News! The Beast will be using electronic race timing chips. The chips will be attached to race bibs. Results will be posted regularly. This new system should allow us to start the award ceremony at approximately 12:00pm.
Cut off date for ordering a 2016 Beast Tech Shirt is July 16th.
COMING FROM OUT OF TOWN?
Gabriola Ferry, Parking In Nanaimo and Free Shuttle to Registration
- Off islanders (if possible) please try and get the 8:10am ferry if you are planning to do “Day Of” registration.
- Leave yourself lots of time to find parking in Nanaimo. There is very limited parking at the ferry lot and the mall parking across street will tow 24/7. The Downtown Nanaimo BIA site will help you find a spot close by.
- When you purchase your ferry ticket, you’re paying for the return trip as well.
- We highly encourage people to come over on the ferry as foot passengers. A free shuttle service will meet both 8:10am and 9:25am ferries to take runners to the registration. The shuttle will pick up foot passengers at the Gabriola ferry terminal parking lot.
- Return shuttle service to ferry will be for the 12:35pm and 1:50pm sailings. Check at registration for when and times runners will need to meet the return shuttles.
- IMPORTANT. The free shuttle service will only be provided for set ferry sailings. If you have a problem and require assistance please see a crew member after the race so that special arrangements can be made.
- The Gabriola/Nanaimo Ferry terminal is located 160 Front St., Nanaimo, BC. For further information please see: bcferries.com.
If you would like to make a donation to the Gabriola Athletic Movement Society, please click on the Donate button below.
COME AND SLAY THE BEAST!